World Youth Foundation (WYF) is “an NGO in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations” and an NGO Associated with the United Nations Department of Public Information. World Youth Foundation is an international non-governmental organization which was launched in 1994 with the aim to promote research, development and documentation of youth programmes beneficial to youths worldwide.
Our headquarters is located in our own complex, the World Youth Foundation Complex, in the city of Malacca, Malaysia. Click Here for directions.
Through a variety of our programmes we seek to engage, empower and educate young people on range of issues, as well as give them the opportunity to share best practices, networking and learning through people-to-people exchange.
World Youth Foundation seeks to create opportunities for youth to get involved and grow, regardless of where they are in the world. Our activities include engagement in dialogues, conferences, training, seminars, exchange programmes, consultative and knowledge based research. Our activities support our programmes in knowledge sharing, capacity building, civic engagement, educational and cultural exchanges, local outreach programmes among others.
Since its inception World Youth Foundation has provided a platform for the interchange of ideas among youth organisations both locally and internationally. The Foundation has organised various seminars/meetings, conferences/ dialogues for youth in areas such as youth and women empowerment, environment, climate change adaptation, disaster risk reduction and management, sustainable development, culture and diversity, drug and substance abuse, conflict resolution, gender equality, HIV/AIDS, human rights, health, leadership training, terrorism, racism, globalisation, population, peace, and religion, trafficking of young women, child brides, violence against women etc.
In February 2007, WYF was granted “Civil Society Status” by United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP as recognition to the Foundation’s work in creating awareness on environment related issues. WYF is a full member of the Commonwealth Youth Council and has established “Operational Status” with Malaysian National Commission for UNESCO.
To promote research, development and documentation of youth programmes beneficial to youth worldwide.
* To identify, encourage, promote and facilitate the expansion of innovative and suitable educational, social, cultural, environmental and humanitarian work conducted by youth movements and organizations worldwide;
* To liaise and establish an organizational network with local and international governments and non-government agencies, and financing institutions which are actively involved in the field of youth and human resource development;
* To promote and strengthen peace, progress and prosperity among young people throughout the world;
* To support research and documentation in the area of youth development and related challenges;
* To receive, raise, manage and administer funds to further the educational, cultural and socio-economic, political and cultural improvement of youth at national, regional and international level
Copyright © 2015 World Youth Foundation